Who We Are
Blackfast Chemicals Ltd. gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and laws. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why and when we process your personal data.
Blackfast Chemicals Ltd’s registered office is at Unit 5 Russell House, Molesey Road, Walton-on-Thames, Surrey KT12 3PE and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 5368415 and act as the data controller and data processor when processing your data. Our designated Data Protection Officer/Appointed Person is Jeanet Ostergaard, who can be contacted at Blackfast Chemicals Ltd. Unit 5 Russell House, Molesey Road, Walton-on-Thames, Surrey KT12 3PE, Tel: 020 8339 7370, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information That We Collect
Blackfast Chemicals Ltd. processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect is:
- Business Address
- Business Email
- Business Telephone Number
- Business Fax Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
We collect information in the below ways:
Online form, website orders, telephone orders and enquiries, email orders and enquiries.
How We Use Your Personal Data– Legal Basis for Processing
Blackfast Chemicals Ltd. takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below:
- We collect your personal data in the performance of a contract or to provide a service and to ensure that orders are completed and can be sent out to your preferred address
- We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes
- We share your personal data with Creditsafe Business Solutions Limited who are a credit reference agency and provide us with financial background checks prior to you becoming a customer
You have the right to access any personal information that Blackfast Chemicals Ltd. processes about you and to request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. Blackfast Chemicals Ltd. Do not use a third-party/third-parties to provide services and business functions.
Blackfast Chemicals Ltd.takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: –
Restricted access, IT authentication, firewalls, anti-virus and malware.
Transfers Outside the EU (if applicable)
Personal data in the European Union is protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) but some other countries may not necessarily have the same high standard of protection for your personal data. Blackfast Chemicals Ltd. does not transfer or store any personal data outside the EU.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data [if relying on statutory/contractual requirement basis]
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to Blackfast Chemicals Ltd., however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services and deliver your products, we will not be able to offer some/all our services without it.
Legitimate Interests [if applicable]
As noted in the ‘How We Use Your Personal Data’ section of this notice, we occasionally process your personal information under the legitimate interests’ legal basis. Where this is the case, we have carried out a thorough Legitimate Interests’ Assessment (LIA) to ensure that we have weighed your interests and any risk posed to you against our own interests; ensuring that they are proportionate and appropriate.
We use the legitimate interests’ legal basis for processing to:
- provide you with products and services that are as useful and beneficial as possible, including by personalising our contact with you and making sure we tell you about all the offers that are relevant to you.
- better understand our customer base so that we can improve our products and services and marketing activities (which could also benefit you).
- develop and improve our Site to enhance the customer experience.
- train our staff so that we can provide you with a better customer service.
- respond to any enquiries or complaints you have made, or deal with any dispute which may arise in the course of us providing our products and services to you; and
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- ensure effective operational management and internal administration of our business, document retention, compliance with regulatory guidance and exercise or defence of legal claims.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Blackfast Chemicals Ltd. only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
LEGITIMATE INTERESTS EXAMPLE
Blackfast Chemicals Ltd. may occasionally send you promotions] by email/post that have been identified as being beneficial to our customers and in our interests. Such information will be relevant to you as a customer and is non-intrusive and you will always have the option to opt-out/unsubscribe at any time.
If you would prefer not to receive above-mentioned marketing and offers, please tick below: –
I wish to opt-out of marketing ☐
Lodging A Complaint
Blackfast Chemicals Ltd.only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Blackfast Chemicals Ltd.
Unit 5 Russell House, Molesey Road, Walton-on-Thames, Surrey KT12 3PE
Tel: 020 8339 7370 – Email: email@example.com
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113